Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's October!

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I love when the weather turns into the crisp cool air of fall.
When this time of year comes around it really gets me in the mood for some organization, kind of like a revamp.
In a few weeks many changes will be happening in our house, but for now it's still a secret. =]
Needless to say before these changes take place some serious organization needs to take place. It's time to finish purging all the old toys and clothes to make room for some new and exciting things!
It amazes me how we have gone through our house so many times and donated things left and right thinking that we have gotten rid of all the excess only to discover we haven't! How can three people have so many things?
In the coming days I am going to work on finishing our system redo! It's time to stop putting things off and waiting for another day. Today I am finishing up things that had been left undone far too long. Such as the nail in my tire, who knows how long that has been there!
For now I'll leave you with the very simple easy recipe of homemade laundry soap.

Ingredients:
1 bar of Ivory Soap
2 Gallons of Hot Water
2 Cups of Baking Soda
You can add a few drops of essential oil or tea tree oil if you like

Directions:
In a large sauce pot grate up the bar of Ivory soap. Add just enough water to cover the shredded soap. Heat on medium and stir frequently until all of the soap is melted.
Add your soap into a large container of HOT water stir, then add in 2 cups of baking soda and mix very well until all the baking soda is dissolved.
If you wish to add tea tree oil or essential oil you can.
I didn't, it smells wonderfully alone and our clothes come out fantastically clean.
With this recipe you can make 64 loads of wash for less than a $1!
Use 1/2 cup for regular loads and 1 cup for heavily soiled loads.
If your soap coagulates on the top after a day or two you can do one of two things, add it back to a large pot and boil it again, or do what I do, just break it up with your hands and stir it around. Either way it works just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Jessica, a 21 year old SAHM mom of a 6 year old little girl. I have been married to a wonderful man for just over a year and loving every moment. I recently graduated from nursing school, and am enjoying this much needed time off to enjoy my family. In my family everything is being converted to organic and homemade. I love God and strive everyday to be a better mother and wife. This is my story.