Friday, September 16, 2011

Aching for Baby

Last night I was scanning pictures of my daughter as an infant to put on my computer. I found some precious pictures of her and some of me when I was pregnant.

 These pictures were taken the week before I had my daughter. 

I had my daughter when I was 14. She was certainly a surprise, but I have welcomed her and cherished her since the moment I found out. 
This is Emma with her older cousin Lily the day we brought her home. 
 Emma was a wonderful baby, never fussy, always content and slept through the night at 8 weeks old. 
My daughter has always been my driving force in life. She has been such an amazing blessing. 


Emma burned her hands a few days before her first birthday. She suffered severe burns on the palms of both her hands. She spent 12 days at Chester Crozer Medical Center in Crozer, PA. It was a very scary time. Emma underwent two surgeries, the first was integra which is fake skin. They put this on both of her hands, one didn't take and she had to go under again and have skin transferred from her thigh to her hand. She has healed beautifully but it has made me appreciate her even more.

Emma and I when she was 2 years old. 

So last night as I discovered all of these pictures I began to ache even more so for another child. Today my almost 4 month old niece came over to spend the day. When I took her blanket off I saw she was wearing one of my daughter's baby outfits. I remember putting it on her with such love. It's such a precious outfit. 

 (Clearly giving me a thumbs up.)

Reagan Lane is such a sweet baby. She reminds me of my Emma Grace at the same age. So even tempered. Seeing her in Emma's outfit today has made the baby timer tick faster and harder. I can't wait to have another. 

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful babies - it is definitely a time to cherish. Thank you for sharing this lovely post. I also feel very blessed to be a mother, it is the most important job in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children truly are a wonderful blessing. Luckily for me I have 3 nieces on my side of the family and one on my husbands side of the family so I am constantly surrounded with little ones even though we only have one. Today we are spending the day with our niece Madison who is 3.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Jessica, a 21 year old SAHM mom of a 6 year old little girl. I have been married to a wonderful man for just over a year and loving every moment. I recently graduated from nursing school, and am enjoying this much needed time off to enjoy my family. In my family everything is being converted to organic and homemade. I love God and strive everyday to be a better mother and wife. This is my story.