Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Time Post

Well, here it is. After 2 hours of searching for just the right layout to learning how to make a blog, this is my very first post. Please be patient with me as I learn exactly how to work this. I am a mother of a beautiful little girl, Emma Grace, she is 6 1/2 years old and so far my only blessing. 



My husband and I married May 22, 2010, on the most beautiful spring day. 

We have two adorable cats, Jasper and Squirt. 



Slowly but surely we have worked hard to turn our town house into a home of our own. It has been a very exciting journey thus far. Recently we have begun to transform our home even more by changing what we bring into our home. We have decided to alter our eating habits, at least that's where it started. About 2 years ago my husband and I decided that we wanted to lose weight. We went on the standard low calorie diet not really exercising or looking at what forms of food we were putting into our bodies. This did lead to us both losing 20 or so pounds but didn't really make us feel any better. The weight loss stopped, and the junk crept back into our home. In June of 2010 we decided to give it a shot again which worked for all of about 4 weeks, I lost some weight again but still didn't change my actual lifestyle. A few months ago we joined a local gym, began exercising 3-4 times a week and felt wonderful. We were back on our low calorie diet but I was really struggling with this during school. At the time I was in school for nursing and was surrounded by junk food. Added together with the stress of school, home and  the food I was out numbered. I let myself consume the junk food during the day, became very strict at night and all my attempts at the gym were futile. I finally quit all together. Over the last few months however my husband and I noticed that we were having some minor health issues, and our daughter too began struggling with her weight. This is not something I want for my daughter to fight when she is older so I feel it's my place to teach her. So in short we have switched to all organic, and all homemade food. It has been quite an experience. I really didn't think that we could do it at first, but the more we researched the easier it became. I hope my story will help inspire someone else to change their lives and help their family become healthier. This should be an interesting road. 

May God Bless and Keep You. 
Jessica 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica!

    I am looking forward to following your blog :) My fiance & I just changed our whole diet around this past week & also started running! Your little girl is sooo cute & your recipes look delicious!

    Blessings!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather that is fantastic to hear. It's a big commitment to change one's lifestyle. We did it for our health and our daughter. I'm so glad you are going to follow along. I will try to put up lots of yummy homemade organic recipes for you to follow along with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I wish you all the best with your journey into eating more organic and healthy food. I think it takes a lot of courage to recognise how things can be better, and then take steps towards a new lifestyle. I am really interested in eating more wholefoods and organic products as well, and will be interested in reading more about your culinary adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie I am so glad that you are going to follow along. This has been an interesting road. I'm trying everyday to learn new things and try out new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Jessica, a 21 year old SAHM mom of a 6 year old little girl. I have been married to a wonderful man for just over a year and loving every moment. I recently graduated from nursing school, and am enjoying this much needed time off to enjoy my family. In my family everything is being converted to organic and homemade. I love God and strive everyday to be a better mother and wife. This is my story.